Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Family time


We went to Greg's parent's house for a pizza Thanksgiving supper last night. With the grandkids' work schedules, there's always a chance one of them won't be able to be there, but we managed to get them all together for supper on a Saturday. We wanted to spend some time as a family before Bob and Jan leave for Omaha tomorrow. We hope they'll be home in a few weeks and we can all be together again for Christmas.
This morning Greg and I went to church where we enjoyed visiting with people I consider to be part of our extended family. A small congregation, where everyone knows everyone else, and we all care about one another. Next week we'll all decorate the church for Christmas after worship - that's a tradition I enjoy.
Greg and I went to town after we ate the yummy brunch he cooked. I always prefer to grocery shop with him along. Today he was a bit goofy and that made shopping more fun. We stopped to see Randy's family before we left town, but they must've been napping... :o)
I spent a good part of the afternoon visiting with Greg's parents, then it was a tearful goodbye. Hopefully we'll be able to visit them in Omaha in as little as 10 days.
Tonight it was back with our church family for a soup supper. We enjoyed chatting and scarfing down really tasty chili.
The first thing many people say they are thankful for this time of year is their family. I have been so blessed - first to grow up in a large family with my parents, brothers and sister, a zillion cousins and aunts and uncles, and grandparents around, then to have developed true friendships with my siblings as an adult, to be part of an incredible marriage, to have raised really GOOD kids, and to truly feel like my in-laws are as much my family as any blood relative. Our community and church family are a bonus. It takes work to get along, no matter which relatives you're with, but it's worth it. In the end, the only thing that matters is the people you love and who love you...

No comments: