Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Rock and Roll Never Forgets

Oh. My.

Bob Seger live. Along with The Silver Bullet Band, he made everyone feel 30 years younger last night. (The gentleman sitting next to me first saw Seger in concert in 1971 - I was 10 years old!)


This was by far the best quality performance I have ever seen in concert. I clapped, cheered, danced, sang along, and was even moved to tears.


When Seger says "Let's ROCK AND ROLL!" he means it. No flash, no dazzle, just great music, and he performed the songs just like we knew them from his albums.


I can't even choose a highlight moment, there were many. "We've Got Tonight" made me cry - it was a beautiful rendition. Then right after that he sang "Turn the Page" - I thought Greg was going to cry, too. :o)


I know this is a gushy post, but I can't help it. Truly one of those "someday" things that was so worth the 4-hour round-trip drive and the $$$ spent and having to get up at 6 when we didn't get to bed until 1:30. We always will be glad we went.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did he play Omaha? Sunspot baby is one of my favorite songs!! Did he sing that one?

Tammy said...

Oh, yes, my dear, he did sing Sunspot Baby and we all sang along with him. :o)
He was at the Qwest Center and it was packed full.