Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scrap Art

There is a small box of paper scraps in the den that I’ve been meaning to throw away for some time now. It gets moved around and I found it this morning tucked behind the treadmill. I’m glad now that I didn’t get around to tossing it. Bradley will make good use of those teensy and odd-shaped pieces.

Yesterday he stuck little pieces to contact paper, collage-style:

I cut a piece of clear contact paper and just set it on the table. It works better if you can tape it down, and blue painter’s tape is on my shopping list. Then I took the scrap pieces and just tore a pile of smaller pieces for him to choose from. Eventually he’ll tear the pieces himself. This time the activity was more about picking them up and sticking them down. I kept using the word “sticky” in reference to the contact paper – always working on that vocabulary.

When he decided his masterpiece was finished, we stuck it on the whiteboard for display. He likes to rub his hands over it.

2-21-11 001

We’re going to have so much fun making art together!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

aww Bradley, you are quite the budding artist!
you have a fun grandma.