Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jingle All the Way (Christmas 2012 prep)

It’s the 25th, and that means only 11 months until Christmas!

Okay, I’m going to try to do at least one thing a month to prepare for next Christmas and get it posted here…

This month it’s a fun thing and it whipped up in just a couple of hours while watching TV. I found this idea on Pinterest.

DSCN2087

This jingle bell garland is crocheted using crochet thread rather than yarn. You need to string all of your bells onto the thread before you start stitching, so it’s a constant process to move the bells down the string as you work. I got several feet done, then the string snapped – the bells had frayed the thread as I moved them. Jess used that on her Christmas tree anyway, and will tie this longer garland to the shorter one that should decorate the entire tree next year.

For a full tutorial, you can go here.

signature

2 comments:

RobinL said...

Ugh! I can't believe you are planning ahead for next Christmas! I'm still enjoying the after glow of NO Christmas. But then again, you don't work retail! Hey Tammy, make a note of my new blog address, as my old one was deleted due to someone else's fraud. Grrrrr!
http://lifeinrobinsnest.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

Sounds so close when you put it that way...lol. I am working on a Christmas project that I did not get done since I had to put aside things for myself to make things for others. I remember you and Susan both saying you were making this garland. I saw hers on her tree. What a fun thing to make!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi