Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, February 25, 2012

It’s Christmas Prep Day!

The 25th of the month has rolled around again and it’s time to talk Christmas 2012 which is only ten months away!
I have worked on some ornaments this month, but since they’re for an ornament swap, I cannot show you a photo. Suffice to say they were quick and easy, but I love them! I love them so much, in fact, that I made extras for family. You’ll get to see them after the swap is complete.
Since I cannot show you my project this month, I thought I’d share my Christmas board from Pinterest. I have pinned some decorating ideas, ornament, sewing, and craft ideas, Christmas cards, gift tags, and a recipe or two. Take a look:
image
Here are some of the things from my Christmas board that I’ve already done:
Santa mugs – I have a collection of old Santa mugs gathered from various sources. This year they were displayed in the Hot Drinks station created in the sunroom.
Pinned Image
The popcorn ornaments I made a few years ago for the movie theater Christmas tree. I shamelessly pinned that from this blog.
Untitled-1
This is the original photo of the crocheted jingle bell garland that inspired me to make one for Jessica’s tree.
Pinned Image
This bread pan with greenery and candles was meant to be an Advent wreath. I did a similar arrangement, but with only three candles and they were red. Since it had the greenery, I didn’t light my candles. (We won’t talk about the time we had an Advent wreath made of a slice of wood and some real greenery and I fell asleep on the couch while it was still lit. Greg came home from work in the nick of time…)
From homespunliving.blogspot.com
Pinned Image
Follow Me on Pinterest




I hope this post works as inspiration for you to be thinking about the Christmas season in February. After all, it’s wonderful to keep Christmas in your heart all year-round, right?

Tammy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

swap ready already!!! You ARE good! Can't wait to see it. I'm still a long way from figuring out mine. But yep - you inspired me to start thinking.

Jackie

Rhonda said...

yes, like Jackie said, you are inspiring.

love that jingle bell garland, I have a jar full of assorted jingle bells and am not a great crocheted but I do know how to string beads and chain - maybe I will make some too. But mine will be for me, not Nina :)

RobinL said...

Oh Tammy, you Christmas people crack me up! But I must admit that I love the bread pan with greenery and candles in it. Cute!

Susan in SC said...

Can't wait to see what you were inspired to make for this year.