Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Neighbor’s Blooms

My next door neighbor has a very beautiful flower garden in the back part of their property. A week ago Saturday, as I was going blind at the sewing machine, she tapped on the back door and invited me out to the garden for a bouquet of iris. I needed a break and what better place to spend it than in the flowers?

iris

There must be a dozen+ varieties of iris blooming back there right now, different colors, but all of them ruffly and smelling like grape pop. She cut me an armload and I was able to make three vases full for our enjoyment in the house.

purple iris

For several days, the house smelled florally and grapey whenever we walked by the flowers and stirred the air around them. kitchen iris

Thanks Donna, for being so kind and sharing your beautiful blooms!

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Such pretty flowers! Loved the tent you made - very talented as usual!