Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How to take a nap, unless you're in the circus

This is Max, napping on the living room floor in the middle of the day.

I come from a family of nappers. Mom and Dad did, and Tonita and the boys all appreciate a nice afternoon snooze. I've always been a big fan of the same.

Well, maybe not when I was six and Mom would make all five of us lie down at the same time.

Tonita and I were bored one day, didn't want to sleep, so we thought we'd play "circus". (Okay, it was my idea.) We (I) took one of the boards out from under the springs on our bed and set it over the footboard like a fulcrum. I had Tonita sit on the end of the board, on the bed, then I jumped from my bed onto the high end of the board. The intention was to toss her up in the air, hopefully touching the ceiling. Right.

No, we hadn't studied physics yet in Kindergarten and First grade. We got a good lesson, that day, though, when the board snapped in half with a deafening explosion and I fell to the ground. Oh. No.

Tonita and I scrambled to hide the board under the bed and get under our covers as quickly as possible. Then we lay there in fear, waiting for Mom to come thundering into the room, demanding to know what just happened?!

We waited. And waited. No one came. Whew. But we didn't sleep.
When Mom finally came in to tell us we could get up (seemed like hours we were in there!) we knew we needed to confess. I took the board pieces out to the kitchen and told her what happened. I could see she was trying not to laugh, and that made me feel so much better!

We didn't get in trouble, but we did learn a lesson. The next time we didn't want to sleep, we chose paper dolls for entertainment and decided to leave the stunt work to the boys!

No comments: