Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, February 25, 2010

SnowBlind

“Snowblind, can't live without you.  Snowblind, snowblind, snowblind!
I’m reminded of the song by Styx when I look outside when the sun is shining.

“The what is shining?”, you ask.

Yes, the SUN!

We haven’t seen much of it lately, so when it shines, everyone’s mood is lifted and there isn’t so much complaining about this winter that will not end.

Anyway, these photos show why we’re blinded by the sun when it does shine. This is what my backyard looked like at 4:00 in the afternoon on Wednesday:

02-24-10 001

02-24-10 003

That snow alongside the sidewalk is 3 or 4 feet deep. The pile at the end of the sidewalk is still as tall as I am.

This is the end of February, and I ache for warmer temps. I want to take Bradley for walks in his stroller. I want to watch the birds and squirrels prepare to nest. I want to see green things peeking out of the ground.

I want SPRING! 

I’ll take the sunshine.

signature

No comments: