Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, December 23, 2007

He's coming to town...

Santa, that is!!
In 1969 my mother made Santa mugs for each of us, and it became a tradition to drink hot chocolate from those mugs on Christmas morning. Each mug has our name and "1969" on the bottom.


We each have our mugs now and I think they are on display at each of our homes during the holiday season. I also have Mom's and Arlan's mugs.
You know what they say about when you have 3 of something, that is a collection? Well, these three mugs sparked a definite collection for me. Over the past several years, every time I found a Santa mug at a garage sale or at the thrift store, I'd pick it up.
Then along came ebay and, well, we all know what ebay does to a person. I now have many Santa mugs, most vintage, some newer. I like to display the smaller ones on the glass shelves I have for vintage family photos. The larger ones are on a small dresser near the kitchen.
Along with the smaller cups, I have some Santa candleholders and salt & peppper shakers, and a small boot. More things to turn into a collection? I think so.

1 comment:

Bobbi and Kurt said...

It is amazing that you all still have your cups and that none of them have gotten broken. Kim and I had small santa candle holders at one time. I think I sent them home with her one year as I don't have them anymore.