Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, April 06, 2009

Eggs

A few weeks ago, on one of ny homemaking groups, my friend Rhonda posted a link to a blog tutorial for making these decoupaged eggs. Last weekend, while Greg watched "Transporter 3" (a huge dissapointment of a movie, btw), I got out the plastic Easter eggs and played in Modge Podge and torn up pages of an old hymnal. I used the scrappiest of my old plastic eggs, now they have a new/old look and will be a neat addition to the Easter/Springtime decorThis hymnal was, I think, scrounged from the leftovers of a huge auction many years ago. It is falling apart (beyond repair) and the pages are brown and aged - perfect for this project. Plus, I liked the idea of using a hymnal for something I will use for Easter decorations.
If you visit http://inspireco.blogspot.com/search?q=glittered+eggs for the tutorial, you'll see she used glitter, ribbons, and neat little trinkets to decorate her eggs. I didn't get so far as glitter - I had to clean up before bed so the cats didn't play in my project - and then I ended up liking these eggs plain. I like the glitter version, too, so you may see some of those in the future.


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

your eggs look great!
I thought about hymnal pages and looked for an old one around here, I know I got one years ago at a thrift store for craft projects, but I can't find it.

You are right about the old paper working so nicely, it just melts around the round eggs.

Heidi said...

Your eggs are fabulous! You will enjoy using these over and over in Easters to come. Funny that I just posted the fabric eggs I made this morning. We are all thinking eggs right now. :-)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Melanie said...

Very cute! You are so crafty and creative. :-)