Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 14, 2007

Jury Duty

I got the postcard a little over a week ago - Jury Summons. I don't mind serving on a jury, I look at it as my responsibility as a citizen, and take the duty seriously. It just came at a bad time. Angela's about to give birth any minute and I have many hours scheduled to work this week if I'm not in Sioux City being Auntie to the new baby. :o)

However, neither reason is dire enough for me to be excused. So I went to the courthouse this morning and joined the many other citizens fulfilling their obligation to this responsiblity. It took less than an hour for a 6-member County court jury to be selected, and I was NOT one of them. Whew!


Now I'm just waiting for the phone to ring so we can meet that baby!


No comments: