Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

'Tis the season!

Peony bushes

The peonies have burst forth these past few days. I love to bring them inside, but enjoy them just as much as a sea of pink in the back yard.


This purple iris came from Angela's mom last year. I'm surprised it bloomed already, but I just love it.


Yellow iris - I bought these at a garage sale several years ago. They are really big and smell like grape pop.


The weigela bush

The backyard garden is a sea of weeds with a few flowers mixed in. It's just overwhelming to think about the work, but it will get done. Eventually. You know what they say about "one year of seeds, seven years of weeds"? Is that cumulative? So, I have 2 years of seeds, so 14 years of weeds? I hope not - or I'm doomed...










2 comments:

Barbara Allen Moore said...

That purple iris is wonderful! Could you send me that photo as a zip file on an email? I'd like to try it as a watercolor.

Heidi said...

OHHH! I love peonies and yours are so beautiful!