Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, November 21, 2008

Paper Crafting and Show and Tell

I'm a little tardy in posting today, but there are a couple of things I want to share with you. Kelli hosts both Paper Crafting Thursday and Show & Tell Friday, and this post will cover both things.
There are so many easy and inexpensive seasonal decorating projects floating around Blogland, and I took my inspiration from several decorating blogs I read. You can see a few of those on my sidebar. (There are many more that are not listed, but will be rotated on and off of my list.)
That said, here are a couple of things I made up for Thanksgiving. The first is an inspirational Bible verse about giving thanks. This is on the small table next to the front door. Easy enough with the computer printer, some scrapbook paper, and a 3-D sticker.
The other is usually hanging on the wall just outside the kitchen, but I couldn't get a glare-free photo there, so I had to put it in a stand on the counter. The frame was in my pile in the den. I don't know why I bought this particular size, but I must've had a plan - this isn't one I spraypainted, but I'm sure I didn't pay more than a couple of dollars for it.
I love the pattern of the scrapbook paper used for the background, then I cut a 'welcome' frame using my Cricut. Once glued onto the paper, I didn't like the font for the work 'welcome', so I printed out the "Give Thanks" sentiment and just glued it over the top of 'welcome'. I really like how this came out.
If you click on the links at the top of this post, you can see what everyone else has shared. And while you're clicking on links, my friend Susan is hosting a Pay It Forward event on her blog. Please take a look and leave her a comment to participate. Then come back here in a few days and you can be part of mine, too!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Tammy!
~Kelli

Mindy said...

Those are really pretty. I love your blog header too!

JEWELGIRL said...

Beautiful crafts! Thank you for
sharing your lovely things!

Clare said...

Lovely cards so sylish. Thanks for sharing