Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Herb Update




Remember a few weeks ago when I planted those little bags with herb seeds? Well, after 5 days of sitting on top of the heating pad, covered in a plastic bag, there were sprouts!

Now they seem to grow more by the hour and are almost to the point where I'll need to thin them out. I hate thinning, because it seems such a waste of a potential plant, but if I'm going to get nice herbs, they'll need room to grow.
Supposedly in another 3 1/2 weeks, I'll be able to harvest the basil. The chives will be ready by then, too, I think. Not sure about the dill - we'll see.
I found the crate at Goodwill the other day for 99 cents. Isn't it perfect?


1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I didn't realize they grew in the bags! How clever! Love the tray! I enjoy going to Goodwill for a good deal!