Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, November 08, 2010

Celebrate This Season

I’m living a variety of seasons all at once right now, not the least of which has been an amazing Autumn here on the Great Plains. Autumn is my favorite of the four seasons as the weather cools, the humidity disappears, and nature’s colors are gorgeous.

One day last week as Bradley and I got to the bottom step of the back deck, I spotted a perfect Autumn leaf lying on the sidewalk. It didn’t come from any tree in our yard, rather the wind carried and deposited it there for me to discover.

11-08-10 030 copy

I stuck it between the pages of a really thick phone book for a week, and when it seemed sufficiently flat and dried, I matted it onto some scrapbook cardstock and put it in this simple black 5 x 7” frame.

I don’t know where this will hang, probably in the kitchen where I spend a good deal of my time.

Just a simple, sweet reminder of this favorite of seasons.

No comments: