Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

To Everything There Is A Season

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Yesterday I posted that Bible verse with my status update on Facebook. I was talking about my garden mostly, but heavy on my heart was my cousin Debbie. Just as my garden is at the end of the season of bounty and fruitfulness, Debbie was at the end of her own season, her battle with cancer almost over.

Only 51 years old, mother of three, grandmother of six, wife to the love of her life, daughter, sister, niece, and cousin. Her spirit strong and her body full of fight.

Debbie Sr.

That fight ended this afternoon, and like Cousin Patty told me, “Our family is not the same without her.”

A light has gone out and there is a darkness in our hearts right now. I know that darkness will turn back to light, as we fondly remember her time with us, and take comfort in knowing she’s wrapped in God’s Heavenly arms and cannot hurt any more.

As Debbie’s family, we have been forced into a new season we did not want, but that is the way of it, is it not? We go through this season and into the next, just as happens in my garden. There will be light and blooms and beauty again, because she sowed those seeds in our hearts. Y

No comments: