Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tablescape Thursday


One of my favorite blogging days is Tablescape Thursday when bloggers around the country post photos of their tables, dishes, and incredibly creative centerpieces. I've been following the tablescaping since this event began, and often find myself putting together my own placesettings in my mind, and looking around the house for centerpiece ideas.
This afternoon I started pulling out dishes to organize a cupboard, but instead decided to play a bit and join in the Tablescaping fun
March is my least favorite month of the year. Most usually it's cold, windy, and bleak. Winter just won't go away. This week we're having a couple of Spring-like days, though, so I played around with a couple of tablesettings that, to me, said "fresh" and "Springtime".
To start, a bowl full of green apples and yellow pears, along with a little bouquet of daisies make up the centerpiece.
I've said before that I prefer a simpler table, so I stuck to just the bowl of fruit and the tiny vase of flowers. It was a sunny afternoon, perfect for a light lunch with a friend. Who would like to join me?
I cannot even tell you where I purchased the placemats, but I do know they were on clearance. (Edited: placemats from Kohl's) I used a turquoise square plate as a charger, with a green dinner plate and a white salad plate to coordinate with the colors of the mats. The white napkins have a daisy design embossed on them, but that got completely lost in the art of my amateur photography.
You can see here some of the detail on the plates. The white salad plate is Mikasa French Countryside, the green plate was a clearance purchase from a small variety store, and the turquoise square plate is from Target.

Here's another look, using the same bowl of fruit and daisies for the centerpiece. Same napkins, glassware, flatware.

I just removed the turquoise plates and used the white daisy-embossed placemats that match the napkins. I folded and fanned the napkins and tucked them into the drinking glasses. Wouldn't this be lovely for a breakfast of French toast and fruit?
If you care to spend a little time looking at a myriad of tabelscapes to inspire you, go on over to Susan's Between Naps on the Porch and check out Tablescape Thursday. It's so much fun to see so many different beautiful tables all in one place!

24 comments:

Stacey said...

Love your springy tablescape!

Dream Mom said...

Very pretty! Love the chunky placemats.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Love the centerpiece...full of pears...makes me ready for spring!

Angela said...

Love your table! My favorite is the little flowers in a vase.

a quiet life said...

very pretty and i love your header~

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy! What a lovely fresh springy table! I love your mixture of dishes. Those square plates are wonderful! The fruit centerpiece is just gorgeous! So simple but so classic!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The pears and apples for a centerpiece is perfect...goes so well with the placemats. Happy spring!!

santamaker said...

Just perfect. Love the pears.

xinex said...

I love the colors! Simply beautiful!...Christine

Anonymous said...

What deliciously happy colors you chose! So enjoyable to see! Thank you, Linda

Wanda said...

I like your color combo it is so pretty.

Deb said...

I just loved the colors in this tablescape. So crisp and fresh! Deb

JudyBug said...

Beautiful table and I love your header pic!

JudyBug

Tardevil said...

Love the greens & blues!

Bab's Kitchen said...

Love the colors and the real flowers. We can never go wrong with flowers.

Unknown said...

I love simple too! Makes the food your prepared look better... Simple gives you a place to rest your eyes...
*Really Rainey

Unknown said...

Simple is always comforting! I loved the mix of blue, green and yellow.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Loved the color combination! Worked perfectly with both placemats...but my favorite was the first one you showed. Great idea using a fruit bowl as the centerpiece...that green apple was calling to me!! Huggy Hugs!

Chandy said...

Sometimes, simple is best! Darling tablescape! Sorry for the late visit, we had no internet since 12:30 this morning. Beautiful choice for today. I love your dishes!

Have a great Thursday!

Wanda said...

Hi Tammy, I just wanted to let you know I did do the sugar cubes, it is so much fun to do. You just make royal icing and color it to match your scheme and pipe on what ever you wanton the cube and let them dry and they last forever. Well not forever.. :) but long enough.

ellen b. said...

Oh I love the colors in these Tammy. You really pulled together some fresh Springy settings!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Very pretty! I especially like the last one! Linda

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a welcome sight -- spring! Lovely table, and also love its simplicity, and how it relies on its pretty colors and forms to shine.

Cass

Heidi said...

Nothing simple about this table Tammy other than it is simply beautiful! Can I be the one to join you for lunch?

Hugs ~
Heidi