Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Touch of Spring

The lovely warm temps we're having right now inspired me to put together this little centerpiece for the dining room table. I like it the way it is, but will add some candles and perhaps use it for a tablescape.
The jars are all thrifted and I didn't pay over $1 for any of them. They're filled with jelly beans and Easter M&M's. I especially like the colors in the tall jar - those are SweetTart jelly beans. I haven't tasted them - we're not big jelly bean fans - but they're fun to decorate with. (Did you see they have bags full of just BLACK jelly beans? I'm going to get some and save them for Halloween. I do like black ones!) The sweet little bunny bud vase was also thrifted for less than $1. The bottom has "Avon" printed on it. I filled it with my favorite fresh daisies this morning. I suppose it'd be cute with a candle, too, and maybe that was it's intended use. A pair of them with candles would be pretty.
Tomorrow the weather will go back to end-of-winter/early-springtime temps in the 50's, and I think there may be rain. That's okay. After yesterday and today we know that Springtime is almost here. My jelly beans say so.




2 comments:

Melanie said...

I have those Avon bunnies too! I can't remember if mine are just figurines or if they were votive candle holders. I found them in a thrift store last year. I will have to dig them out soon for Spring decorating.

Susan in SC said...

This is very pretty Tammy! I love your spring decorations!