Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Day of Love!

Well, the florist mucked up delivery of my flowers again this year. Greg had arranged to have them delivered to Fitness Worx last night, so they'd be there at 4:45 this morning when I arrived. Wasn't that sweet?!
I think he's going to go pick them up this afternoon, and I'm glad to not be there when he does...
He only started sending me flowers for Valentine's day about 5 years ago - that first year they were delivered to me at Head Start. I was teaching class, but had to run to my office to get something, and there was a vase full of roses on my desk. I just started crying! I don't know what prompted him to start this tradition, but I'm not complaining. Even with the mess-up with deliveries, I feel very special and appreciate his taking the time to do this for me.
(Edited: the florist called me at 4 p.m. and arranged to deliver my flowers here at home. I called Greg to see if he'd yelled at them. He hadn't been there yet. The flowers arrived at 5:30. No charge. With a huge, free, heart-shaped balloon. And I'm supposed to go to the store for a free gift certificate. Photo of my gorgeous red potted tulips will be posted on Saturday.)

I wanted to share a few of the pretty things around here to remind us of the day:
This is a heart-shaped basket filled with Valentines from my internet friends.

A sweet-scented candle nestled in a holder full of converstation hearts.

The Valentine's Day tree, many of the ornaments from friends. The cross-stitched hearts are from the "family tree" we made for my Grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary in 1987. The tree "skirt" is an old lace table runner from a thrift store. At the bottom of the tree is a pretty Valentine card that I framed to display.

I wish you much happiness on this happy day of love!



No comments: