Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, February 15, 2008

Seven Things

My internet friend Penny has tagged me to post seven things about myself. Here's how this works:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged


I've been thinking for a couple of days about what seven things I could post about myself that would be at all interesting to people. Most of you who read this are my family or long-time internet friends, and you know me pretty well, but here goes anyway...

1. I have never broken a bone. (Yes, I'm knocking on my wooden table right now. There, I should be safe.) I have, however, had stitches. When I was in Kindergarten, we were playing "monster" on the soccer field, and I was being chased by Dale Owens and Randy Collingham. I turned to see how far behind me they were, and turned back around just as I ran into a steel pole. Cut my eye and Mom had to take me to the clinic for stitches.

2. I went to college for a year and a half, and never declared a major. Just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my life besides get married and have children. When I was 27 years old and my kids were 2 and 5, I realized how much I enjoyed preschool. Thus, my 15 years at Head Start.

3. I wanted to have LOTS of children. Okay, I would have been happy with four. That's twice as many as I got. I love the kids I have with all that I am, but they are so different from each other in looks and personalities, I always wondered what a few more would be like.

4. I'm not a big amusement park fan. I've been to World's of Fun in Kansas City, Silver Dollar City in Branson, and Disney World in Orlando. All were fun because I was with family, but I don't need to go back. Well, maybe to Disney, just because Greg and Nick haven't been and would like to, so I'd go with them.

5. I never flew on a plane until I was 40 years old. In the past 6 1/2 years I've flown all over the country and to Canada. I don't care for flying, because I have NO CONTROL over the plane. My survival depends on the pilot and God. I always pray before take-off and landing. Always.

6. My family is descended from the oldest passenger on the Mayflower, James Chilton. He did not survive the first winter in America, but his young daughter Mary did. She is rumored to be the first female to step onto Plymouth Rock.

7. I've only ever had two traffic tickets. Both when I was 17. The first was for "negligent driving" when I rear-ended a car in downtown Lincoln. Traffic was heavy and I was looking to change lanes when the woman in front of me stopped. I hit the brakes just as I hit her bumper. Got a ticket. Had to go to court. On the way to court, I got a speeding ticket. For going 79 mph in a 55 mph zone. Oops. Haven't had another ticket in 29 years. I learned my lesson early.

Now I must tag seven more bloggers:
Susan from My Cottage Life
Robin from Life with Robin
Rhonda from A Home with a Smile
Tanya from At the Honeysuckle Tree
Joanne from Joyful Blessings
Tracy from Seaside Enchantment
Melanie from http://melathome.blogspot.com/

No comments: