Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting ready for Spring

We are in the throes of Autumn, the perfect time to prepare for next Spring. I love Autumn best, but the last few days have been chilly, and bleak, and rainy, too much a reminder that we are on the precipice of winter. So I prefer to skip the ice, mud, and frigid wind and head straight for Spring!
Last Friday I brought Grace home with me for several hours, but before we got on the highway, we stopped at the store for a few things. Grace talked me into some tulip bulbs and a kid-sized shovel with which to plant them. Who can tell a possible gardener-in-the-making they can't plant things? Not me. Sorry.
I knew the ground was going to be way too muddy for her to dig deep enough to plant the tulip bulbs, so I gave her the job of cleaning out this trough planter and burying those bulbs here. She told me how to plant them, "You dig a little hole, put it in, then hide it with the dirt on top." Exactly.
I hope she gets some flowers next Spring - it's a long time for a preschooler to wait, but it'll be so fun to see Grace's tulips when winter is over.

No comments: