Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm three years old!

A few days ago it occured to me that my "blogiversary" was probably nigh, but I forgot to check the date. I knew it was October - turns out I turned 3 years old on Wednesday!
I started this blog as a fun way to keep in touch with family and share photos a little easier. I know LOTS of my family reads this blog and I read theirs. It's great to keep track of cousins.
Anyway, before blogging I already had many cyber-friends through an email group I've been in for almost 10 years. Pretty soon they started blogs, too. Blogging gave us one more way to connect across the world.
I read a little over 100 blogs - not every day, but as they're updated. I go to Google Reader and see what's new. Many of them are craft/home decorating related, and are responsible for my current addiction to spray painting most of my Goodwill purchases. Some are just for fun, or are thought-provoking. And there are the food blogs that have provided yummy new recipes. To me, reading blogs is much like reading magazines - lots of gorgeous photos, tutorials, and inspiration. There are family blogs, too. I'm not the only one keeping in touch.
I have participated in giveaways - haven't won any - and had my own fun giveaway a few weeks back. I also like to participate in blog events once in awhile, like the Friday Show & Tell, or memes that are posted. Gives me an opportunity to visit new blogs, and have new friends stop by here.
So the past three years have broadened my horizons, yet brought the world closer. Who knows how long blogging will be around - but I'll enjoy it while it lasts, and I'm glad to bring you along with me!

No comments: