Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday morning


Ah, back to work after a three-day weekend is always tough. Don't misunderstand - I love my job and feel we do important work, but the most productive part of my day is spent doing what someone else wants me to do.
No more whining - I'm fortunate to have a job and we enjoy things we couldn't otherwise. It's just going to be a long week...
The weekend was a balance of productivity and rest. Those pecan pies are in the freezer and we made up a batch of chili for the church soup supper next week. I say "we". All I did was brown the meat - Greg created the soup, and it is tasty. We dug the Christmas decorations out of the shed and put them in the garage. Now I can get to them as I need to without bothering anyone.
Our entertainment of choice for weekends is usually dinner and a movie, all in the comfort of our own home. This weekend it was Chinese take-out and "Kingdom of Heaven". I think the movie could have been really good, but we spent much of it confused about what was going on. A little more time to really explain who was who would have helped. The saving grace was Orlando Bloom. {Jessi and I can't wait for the next two "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. It doesn't get much better than Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp in the same movie! :o) }
I suppose it is time to get ready for my day. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great movie but I agree that if you don't know the history of the time than you can't follow the story. Since history is my pet subject of study I saw all the inaccuracies of the film but also the true facts which helped keep the confusion minimal. Orlando Bloom was wonderful as usual but he'll always be sexy Legolos to me!